Did you ever have a home burn down, did the insurance company cover everything for you?

Did you ever have a home burn down, did the insurance company cover everything for you?

Shopping for home insurance, did you ever have any problems or compliments to share about a home insurance company. Whats the insurance co'-s name


Fire is covered by all Homeowners policy but unfortunately, fire is not statistically the most common type of loss. Many homeowners Insurance Companies will do a good job for you. I generally would recommend the larger companies for financial stability (Hartford, SAFECO). Most independent agents can give you a quote from wither of these markets or find a good one for you that writes in your area.It is very hard for insurance companies to cover "Everything" for anyone unless you were to have a list of every little thing you own receipts at the time you purchased the policy so they could make sure everything is covered. Even then, there are certain things that are not made to be covered under your Homeowners policy (i.e. your vehicle that was parked in the garage and uncovered under an Auto policy, your pets and a number of other things).Good luck in your search!Source(s):10+ years in insurance


"Everything" will not be covered.Your policy will have a definitions section. Read and understand it.USAA is a good company but very selective.


Most homeowners losses aren't fires.Most of the time, not "everything" is covered. Pets come immediately to mind, as something that's not covered.Not all companies write in all states. Example - Erie Insurance is one of my favorites. I think they write in about 6 states or so.Source(s):agent, 21+ years


Typically, insurance rates are filed by the various insurance companies that are licensed to do business in your State, and they vary from State to State. They will also vary by location (inside or outside city limits), type of construction, age of dwelling, type of heating (central vs open flame heating), credit score, loss history...and the list goes on an on.Most companies are regulated by the State where you live and are "insured" by your State's guaranty fund, so, just about any company you pick is going to be solid. It just depends on how well they pay claims, in general.As fas as "everything" being covered, it all depends on you "proof of loss" - being able to document what was in the house before it burned. It is best to take pictures, videos and have inventories, bills of sale, receipts and any other documentation that you can supply...but...don't keep all this at your house. You need a safe depost box or keep the info in a fire-proof box OFF SITE at a parent's house or give the info to your insurance agent."Everything" is also based on the limits of your policy. For instance, if you had $200,000 on your dwelling, $120,000 on your contents - (and the house burned to the ground) that is ALL the company is obligated to pay, i.e., policy limits. So, be sure that your house is insured to calue and your contents are properly covered.The best thing to do is call a LOCAL independent agent. Just look in the phone book for the PIA or Big I (Trusted Choice) logos and you will find a professional licensed agent that will be able to help you solve your insurance problems.An independent insurance agent will normally have a dozen different companies and if he cannot help you, he should be networked with other local agents that can.Good luck and I hope this helps!Source(s):Insurance agent for 27+ years



Popular Q&A

How much do you pay for auto insurance? What company do you like best?
State Farm has just had some rate increases in various areas - it depends on where you live.Typically, insurance rates will vary from State to State and can even vary by ZIPCODE! It also will depend on the type of car/truck, coverages, limits of liability, and driving record. Some companies...

First motorcycle question?
Best to check Oregon's DMV website for all the 'legal' aspects applied to your needs, best to get the info straight from the source.As far as fuel economy, most bikes can get twice the fuel-mileage or better.The sad part is that motorcycles require more maintence and that maintence is not cheap...

Are there attorneys who can erase items from your driving history?
there are no attorneys that can fix bad credit if it is legitimate, factual information on credit reports can not be "fixed" the same goes for your driving record

Can you help me find a commercial auto insurance company?
Look, your attorney, who you're hiring, has connections to find someone who can do this.See, the vast, vast majority of people who think about doing this, can't afford it.If you came to ME asking for a quote, I'd charge you a $1,000 brokers fee for my time, because odds are very, very slim...

What is the best way to relocate from one state to another?
Not too hard but requires planning. SO, for auto insurance simply ask for a quote from your current company based on the city you want to live. If they require an address, find an address based on a location you MIGHT want to live. Housing is easy to find on-line and you will have to rent...