HELP - Moving from Ontario to Manitoba in a month?

HELP - Moving from Ontario to Manitoba in a month?

I have been working on this for a long time now, and no insurance company is making it easy for me.Background info:-Currently live in Toronto-Currently under my parent'-s auto insurance, as a secondary driver on their car-Relocating to Manitoba mid-June-Have full G license-Don'-t have Manitoba license-No relatives in Manitoba (my gf has a relative there)-Want to buy a car asap to use for the month that I'-m still in Toronto-Want to drive over to Manitoba (as a family road trip, then they fly back)Situation:-Don'-t want to sign a 6 month policy in Ontario then cancel it after a month (expensive due to penalties)-Tried calling Manitoba auto insurance companies, they won'-t cover me for the month that I'-m in Ontario. They won'-t even sign me up for Manitoba insurance at all since I don'-t have Manitoba license-From my research (correct me if I'-m wrong), Manitoba insurance is much cheaper than Ontario, so even though I found a company that will cover me for both Ontario and Manitoba, I don'-t want to sign up with them because they said they'-ll have to charge me the Ontario rate for the full 6 months.Any suggestions, or advice or recommendations about anything would be great.Also, if someone could explain how auto insurance works in Manitoba it'-d be great, I don'-t exactly understand the whole autopac policy and insurance policy and the separate driver and vehicle insurance rateas seen here!


Actually it isn't the lack of Manitoba licence that keeps you from getting Manitoba insurance, it is the fact you don't live in Manitoba yet. Once you have proof of residence, then you can get your licence and register and insure your vehicle, all at the same insurance broker.The driver insurance is on the driver licence, which means you have basic $200,000 liability coverage even if you don't have a vehicle, covers you if you happen to drive somebody else's vehicle and they don't tell you the insurance has been cancelled early. The insurance you get on the vehicle covers any properly licenced driver you give permission to, you don't have to list your girlfriend, for instance, as an occasional driver to let her drive once in a while.No Ontario company can sell you insurance for Manitoba. They can sell you insurance for Ontario, that is valid when your first move to Manitoba, to a maximum of 3 months.…



Popular Q&A

Does a Bank of America auto loan require full coverage insurance on the car?
All banks that i know of require proof of full coverage insurance when they finance a car

Can you recommend a good auto insurance that offers great service at a reasonable rate?
Please go to an insurance agent. There are tons of us around. An agent can shop it out to get you the best rate. Also, your agent is there to help you with any questions or problems. Look for a small agency in your area, they will give you the best service. If you're in Jersey let me know...

Will AAA of southern Ca raise my insurance rates for a no-fault accident?
In general, there is usually no action taken for non-fault losses. Reporting a claim does not affect your rates.Source(s):claims person

How much does auto insurance cost in BC for class 7N?
Your question is impossible to answer because there is too much information missing. Contact a local Autoplan agent and ask them for a quote.

How can I set up my own insurance business?
I am going to guess you are a 2-20 based on your comment about Home insurance. It is recommended but not mandated you at least work for an agency for about 1-2 years to get a general idea of how the market and insurance works.Reason is I mentored many licensed agents who were wonderfully book...