NJ DUI question or any other state jail sentence fines?

NJ DUI question or any other state jail sentence fines?

A freind of mine got into a accident whereas one of the occupants was seriously injured. He was driving on a suspended licence at the time. He also was over the DUI BAC limit. This is his secound DUI offence. How bad could the fines be or how much jail time.


Here is NJ sentence & fines but remember is could be much more serious when occupants are seriously hurt. You go to the front of the longer/harder sentancingJail time: The minimum jail sentence for a second offense is 48 consecutive hours and the maximum jail sentence for a second offense conviction is 90 days. The minimum jail sentence of 48 hours cannot be suspended by the court. The actual amount of jail time served beyond the mandatory minimum, if any will be at the courts discretion.Fines: The fines for a second offense conviction are between $500 and $1,000 plus applicable court costs.You will also have to pay additional fees totaling $1,325, $50 goes to VCCB, $100 goes to DDEF, $75 goes to SNSF, $1,000 for DUI (for 3-years), and $100 is a general surcharge.License Suspension: Your driver's license will be suspended for 2-years following a second offense conviction.Before the DMV will reinstate your license following your suspension period you will be required to show proof of financial responsibility in the form of a New Jersey SR22 insurance policy that meets the states minimum auto insurance liability coverage limits.Ignition Interlock: Second time offenders may be ordered to install an ignition interlock device on their vehicle for between 1-year and 3-years. If an IID is required the MVC will require proof of the installation prior to reinstating your license.Community Service: You will be required to perform 30 days of community service as part of your second offense conviction.Alcohol Treatment: You may be required to participate in an intoxicated driver resource center or IDRC for 12 to 48 hours. The cost for the IDRC treatment will be $280 per day at your expense.


well with out the car accident just driving over the limit bac and second offense and suspended liscence in iowa he could do up to a month in jail and its gonna cost him close to 4-5k add on the accident he is going to get SUED go to your friend say ur good byes see him in a couple of years tell him to buy the best lawyer he can go get a loan



Popular Q&A

What would you do if you discovered a cure for cancer?
You speak a "Sobering Truth" despite your baited question. I respect your candor, and although you shared your views also, I do not think you are being insensitive.I can use a couple of analogies and also answer your Q:? directly.If I discovered a cure for any or all types of Cancer, it would...

Help with statistics probability question?
A = have auto policyB = have homeowner's policy]qaP[A] + P[B] - P[A & B] = x% (say, which you can calculate)qb100% - x%qc( P[A] - P[A & B] ) + ( P[B] - P[A & B] )= P[A] + P[B] - 2*P[A & B]qdP[ B | A ] = P[A & B] / P[A]

Insurance quotes??? ?
You can actually do a quote w/out a social security number, some companies use the address when running the POS score.Source(s):my job

What all do you need to do to open an insurance agency in NC?
A license - meaning a course of study and certain test that you must pass in order to get this license.

Can insurance companies keep you from getting a better quote?
Your motor vehicle report will show you were involved in an accident if the police were called.Your CLUE report will show any claims you have filed.Insurance companies don't tell other companies how much to charge you. Each company charges you based on your driving record and their particular...