One more quick question about cars auction license?

One more quick question about cars auction license?

I want to get a car auction license, I want to buy maybe 2or 5 cars a years , but Florida states required thisApproval of business location by a DMV representative.Completed application form.Fee of $300 for each main location.$25,000 surety bond or letter of credit.Garage liability insurance or general liability with business policy only for VI, VA, VW, and SD. However, franchise dealer applicants must submit garage liability insurance.Copy of lease for location or proof of ownership.Dealer training seminar certificate.Registration of fictitious trade name.Copy of corporate papers.Sales tax number.Federal employer identification number.Fingerprints and applicable fees. ($54.25 per personBut i dont want to buy a piece of land to make a bussiness, I know people that leave in Florida, they have a auto car auction license in they dont own a business. I am Confuse.


Unfortunately the lobbying interests of the car dealers have made it tough for anyone else to buy and sell cars. To buy in a dealer auto auction you have to be a registered dealer...that is as it should be. Dealers have made the investment of opening and operating a business and it is not right that they should have to compete with the general public when buying.This leaves you to find your cars elsewhere...which for you is a good thing and this is why: Dealer auctions are fast moving. From the time the bidding starts on a car until it is sold is 30-40 seconds. If you don't know what you are doing, you could lose a lot of money FAST. You should look for cars that are for sale by owner. Some are really good deals. You may have to look at ten or twenty to find one that you can make money on...but, if you want to make it that is what it takes.Good luck


In order to buy a car in the dealer auction you must have a dealers license. The requirements that you have listed are the requirements to get a dealers license. Your only alternative is to buy cars from private parties and jump title or the public auctions which are a huge scam. The auctions are very strict and if you don't have a license you don't get in.



Popular Q&A

What kind of receipt, documents do you keep and how to organize them?
Utility bills, and House insurance, you needn't keep unless they'rea 'business expense'. (Home office etc.).You might retain the last bill until the next arrives.Same for automobile expenses, (do you have 'business mileage'?)Tax records DO keep, as well as Medical Insurance, (deductable),pay...

What companies can I get appointed with in Louisiana to write Home Insurance for my Insurance agency?
aaron t, I found a big list of Louisiana insurance agencies. I'd try visting one or two of them and see if they can assist you. A insurance agent should be able to help you.

Will my auto insurance company pull my abstract if I change vehicles?
eventually they may find it anyway, but it depends on the company and the coverages, and sometimes if there is a claim- and most companies only go 3 years back.If you do not change the amount or type of coverage, they may not. Also, are you being required to carry additional coverage because...

Why are there not many big auto insurance companies operating in Massachusetts?
Until a year or so ago, the auto insurance rates in Massachusetts were set by the state, and insurance companies were NOT allowed to refuse to write a policy for someone. The insurance companies were losing a ton of money in Massachusetts, and most pulled out decades ago. As of a few years...

Insurance Professionals Only: Should I take the AU (Associate in Commercial Underwriting) before or after?
I also obtained my INS and AIC (Associate in Claims) years ago. I had previously worked for a big insurance company that was very proactive on taking insurance classes, to the degree that they stated was the only way to move up. While taking these classes, I was also going to school at night...