What type of driver license is needed to drive an ambulance?

What type of driver license is needed to drive an ambulance?

I will be starting my own ambulance service soon. I need to know what class driver license is needed to drive an ambulance. I currently hold Class C out of the state of Texas


Each state has a specific class of license that is to allow a driver to drive a non-commercial vehicle for commercial purposes. For example in WV it is a Class D license- that is what anyone driving an ambulance that fails below the minimum weight for a CDL, a taxi, limo, UPS/FedEx/USPS vehicles, etc would need to drive these types of vehicles. Some fire trucks also fall under this, but most are heavier & require at least a Class C, possibly a Class B CDL.There are other licenses you will need besides the correct class driver's license.A business licenseSome states require ambulances to be certified/licensed to be able to haul Medicaid/Medicare patientsJust a couple that you will need.Now the biggest & most costly is going to be insurance. Not sure on TX, but some states require a 1 million dollar liability policy on the ambulances & business.I hope you have fully researched what all it is going to take & the total up front start up capital required to just to be able to open the doors for business as an ambulance company. This is not a business that you can go lease a small building for $500- $1000 per month, go to an auto auction & purchase a used ambulance for $10,000 & expect to go into business as an ambulance company.Ballpark guess, it is going to take at least $250,000 to just be able to turn the lights on in the building & tell the public that you are now open for business. So again I say, I hope you have done your homework & good luck.


class C and mucho insurance.



Popular Q&A

Do I need a consent to settle by my own auto insurance company?
http://www.autoloss.com/Consumer-Advocac…This is a listing of all states with the minimum limits required in each state. The minimum limits can range from as low as $10,000 to as high as $50,000 in the state of Alaska, which is the only one with that high of minimum coverage. What is odd...

What should you do if you total out your own CAR ?
If your friend has collision coverage on the car, this will provide coverage for the damage to her vehicle, but it will be subject to the collision deductible on the policy (example typically $500, but sometimes $250, $1,000, $2,000).If your friend has NO COLLISION COVERAGE on the car, then...

Where to Get Free Auto Insurance Quotes online?
Never do on line quotes. They are not accurate. And, often a live knowledgable insurance agent will get you discounts that are not online that you may qualify for. It does not cost extra to speak to a live person.Call some local insurance agents for some quotes. Stick to the big companies...

If I choose a payment plan with geico auto insurance, would I be charged an extra monthly fee?
Insurance companies normally add $5-$10 to your payments if paying on a monthly plan.Technically they refer to getting a discount if you pay in full every 6 months. It is a handling fee for doing the extra paperwork etc

Which car is best for a 1st time car buyer?
do not listen to cryinggrai I know you are not rich and not spoiled I cannot drive a car at all because my eyes sight are poor howeve I do know a lot about cars becaus I am really into cars. for first time buyer I would get a 4x4 on your second car becuse the 4x4 you have to pay more on car...